Calling for’ action and discipline’ to counter coronavirus, Prime Minister Narendra Modi made nine requests to India on Thursday for Navratri’s nine-day duration.
In a nationwide broadcast of nearly 30 minutes, he urged people to stay indoors and work as much as possible from home, while underlining the risks of coronavirus, saying the world has never seen an epidemic as extreme as this.
PM Modi Has A Plan For Navratri To Fight Coronavirus
The Janta Curfew on March 22, was the main highlight of the PM’s address on coronavirus.
HERE ARE 9 REQUESTS PM MODI DO INDIA IN CORONAVIRUS FIGHT AGAINST:
- Don’t believe unverified news.
- People shouldn’t engage in panic purchasing, hoarding.
- Appeal business, high-income groups to not cut salaries of their employees.
- Ask the finance minister to take all appropriate steps under the Task Force on Economic Response.
- Avoid taking regular check-ups at hospitals. Postponing elective surgery.
- Thank you, service providers, on March 22 by clapping at 5 pm for five minutes.
- Meet the Janta curfew on March 22 from 7 am until 9 pm.
- Those aged 60-65 will remain inside their homes.
- Every Indian should remain vigilant and alert. Unless absolutely required, do not move outside.
Read More About Coronavirus:
3. Taj Mahal: Shuts Down Amid Coronavirus Fears
4. 255 Indians Infected With Coronavirus In Iran
Also read: India Today