Are you looking for the best blogging platform? It’s a hard decision as there are a number of distinct blogging platforms out there.
Many individuals are making the error of choosing the incorrect platform. So I’m going to assist you select the correct blogging platform in this post.
Table of Contents
The best platforms for blogging are:
Blogger is one of Google’s oldest and most common free blog hosting service.
All you need is a Google account to begin a free blog on a blogger.
Blogger is a great tool for people who do not want to start a blog with any investment.
Good choice for the blog that is very basic.
Blogger is simple and friendly to a newbie.
Blogger provides a mobile app that allows you to do all the duties of publishing and managing your mobile phone.You can Download the app from here.
It’s free– Blogger is free of charge and there are no fees.
Easy to use– You can easily create your own blog if you don’t have any technical understanding.
Security– Has the advantage of a secure platform for Google, so you have nothing to worry about.
Domain Name– You can generate your subdomain on a Blogspot without any domain name when you build a blog on a blogger.
Free hosting– One of Blogger’s greatest advantages is the free hosting service.
Limited Features– The features are less, as your blog grows, you can not upgrade or get new features. Blogger doesn’t bring updates and doesn’t add any new features.
Limited Templates– There are limited options for design. That means that your blog can not be designed according to your style.
Limited control– In Blogger, Google provides you with some tools to manage your blog, but there are some limitations and you have to work in the same way. It’s not possible if you want to put something more on your blog.
WordPress.com (Free platform)
WordPress is a very famous blogging platform.
They offer two versions of their software:
WordPress.com is a free website and blog platform for WordPress. It is fully managed by Automatic (the creator behind WordPress) and is one of the easiest platforms for blogging on the web.
WordPress.com offers a free domain name such as yours. WordPress.com, and you can upgrade to a custom domain name such as domain.com/domain.in(for instance: how2trick.in) for a little bit of cash if you want to.
Nothing in life is ideal though, so there are some pros & cons of WordPress.com, of course.
- Up to 3 GB of data is free of charge. You will have to pay if you need more space than that.
- No setup required.
- Easy to use and manage.
- WordPress.com is a blogging package you don’t need to host and you don’t need to purchase a domain.
- They provide free backups of your blog/website.
- Good built-in security.
- Anyone who wishes zero investment to begin a blog.
- You have a limited choice of theme.
- To add a custom domain name that your guests can readily remember, you will need to upgrade to a premium scheme.
- You can’t install plugins from third parties.
- On your blog, you can’t run advertisements. That means that with your blog you can’t earn money.
WordPress.org (self-hosted platform)
Great for tech-savvy bloggers that want creative freedom to be complete.
WordPress.org is the world’s most popular blogging platform.
While the platform is free to use, costs like hosting and securing your domain can add up.
WordPress.org is an open-source software platform which allows you to build your website or blog within minutes.
Open source means that with the code you can play around. The result of this is that you have complete control over your blog’s look and feel.
WordPress.org is a self-hosted, which means you will need to sign up with a WordPress hosting provider.They also have a Mobile App.
WordPress.org removes all constraints of WordPress.com, however.
- Install third-party plugins
- Install third-party themes
- monetize it.
WordPress.org is a full solution for individuals who want to begin a blog to make cash or for other uses such as establishing an e-commerce website.
- WordPress.org provides you complete control over your blog, anything you can construct.
- There are plenty of free and premium WordPress themes available. This enables a lovely website/blog to be created.
- A broad range of helpful plugins can be installed and used. This implies that these plugins are like WordPress blog applications that enable you to add characteristics such as galleries, contact forms, etc.
- WordPress is friendly with the search engine. SEO friendly URLs, tags for your article can be readily created.
- You can monetize your website in a multitude of ways, including using affiliate connections, display advertisements, e-commerce, etc. That implies that with your blog/website you can gain cash.
- WordPress.org software is free, but for your domain name registration and web hosting, you will have to pay a tiny sum.
- It is your duty to safeguard your site from hackers and spam for your tourists.
- Your own backups will have to be managed.
Which platform to choose for blogging:
One thing is clear after watching all these points, if you can invest a bit, then WordPress.org is good. But you can also use Blogger if you start.Also Read: how to start a blog in 2019 and make money from it
We hope this post has helped you choose your next blog’s greatest blogging platform.
Do not forget to share this post if you like it.